Tuesday, September 23, 2008

30 Days Of Yoga!

Long story short, my friend E & I's ghetto gym has recently closed with no explanation. In the past week or so we have been trying to come up with a decent alternative. Honestly, the only reason I even went to the gym was for yoga, pilates, & cardio. This particular gym however was super shiesty, hasn't charged me for 6 months (thank you :) ), and may or may not have been seized by the IRS.

We figured it was time for a different plan and decided that instead of getting in at another gym, would join a yoga studio and take the cardio outdoors. Surprise surprise, joining a studio is pretty expensive, so we have taken time each day to search for a good deal.

Last week I found it. "30 Days for $30 Yoga Challenge" at the NYC Bikram Yoga Studio!

OMG

How amazing? It's pretty self-explanatory. For 30 days E & I will be doing yoga. Every single day. HOW AMAZING.

If you are wondering, yes it's going to be miserable the first week. In case you aren't familiar with different types of yoga, Bikram is practiced in a room heated at a 100 degrees for about 90 minutes. It's unreal. Between sweating profusely and gulping down gallons of water, you leave feeling completely cleansed. Image doing that every single day? I feel like it's going to be the ultimate detox.

E & I are curious about the aftermath of the 30 day challenge. Will we leave this experience as super vegans? God I hope not. I don't know if I could seriously say, "don't eat flesh" with a straight face Will we quit our jobs promptly after, move to Washington (state, not DC), and live on some sort of commune, living green and off the earth? That would be better. Or perhaps we will go to Australia and get trained to be yoga instructors. EVEN better. Or. Most realistically, it will be a wonderful chance to cleanse the body & soul and see life a little bit clearer.

Stay Tuned....

No comments: