Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What I Had For Dinner Last Night

What is this you ask?

Venison Sloppy Joe's with olives, on whole wheat bread and a side of steak fries.

A few words about my meal:

---First of all I am not a hunter , neither am I a kind of person who tends to buy interesting or exciting meats. It wasn't as if I went out into my parent's backyard, shot a deer, skinned it, gut it etc. and later made it into a sandwich. My sister's boyfriend is a hunter and I guess once you get a deer, have ALOT of meat, so they pushed it along to me. Having never had game meat prior was kinda freaked out, but then quickly remember that I am poor and never buy meat. The closest thing to meat I buy is a block of tofu. Mayyyybe chicken. But that's a stretch. So I figured, "It can't be all that bad".
Yeah, it's great. Very tasty and apparently lower in calories, cholesterol, & fat. Who knew.
---I threw olives in because I recently fell in love with the olive family, bought some, and now am desperately trying to find ways to incorporate them in all my meals.
--The bread was stolen from my parents this weekend. I don't like food shopping and my mom always has back ups for all staple foods. They went to a pool party, leaving me alone at the house, so I took it upon myself to lap around the kitchen and see if anything struck my fancy (loaf of bread, diet Sunkist, & two apples).

1 comment:

dave said...

Throw some olives in your marinara (tomato) sauce and pasta!

You know you can buy a whole assortment of olives at the Hoboken Farmers' Market, located at Washington and Newark Sts. every Tuesday from 3:00 to 7:30!

HAHAHAHAHA