Monday, February 4, 2008

Maybe I'm wrong here...

I need other points of view. Am I in the wrong here? Do I have the right to be kinda annoyed and confused?

Back when I was 20-22, I dated this guy one and off again. We'll call him by the name of Random. Things ended really really wierdly, but whatever. We were young and to my knowledge, no permament damage was made on either one of us. Whenever I see him now things are cool and despite whatever happened, I really don't hold any grudges or animosity towards him. Case closed.

Literally, I probably haven't seen him in about a year, so a few weeks ago I ran into some of his friends and asked what Random's been up to and how he is.

I'm assuming Random's friends got back to him and told him I was asking about him because sure enough, a week later I got a phone call at 2am. I didn't have his phone numeber at the time and never answer the phone to numbers I don't know, so obviously I didn't pick it up. No message. Then, a second later, it rang again and he left a message saying hi and for me give him a call back that night or whenever.

So I assume the following.
-- it was 2am on a Saturday night. He was drunk and hoping to either hook up with me or hoping that I had something fun to do.
-- or he was just told I was asking about him and thought it was a good time to call me.

So a few nights later, I was curious and called him back. No answer.
Then last night, with the help of a bottle or two of wine (thanks you super bowl), I called again.
I wake up this morning to 4 MISSED calls. Thats right, 4 calls.
So I text him back saying, "hey sorry I missed your calls, I was sleeping by then, we should hangout sometime."

Are you ready for this. I am still amazed. This is what he sends me.

"I got back with my ex. I don' think its a good idea for us to hangout or talk. Sorry."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I don't want him. I wasn't trying to get a reunion special going. What the hell? When did I become the pathetic one in the situation. I didn't get in touch with him. I didn't call him 4 times, but all of a sudden he's letting me down gently. I am amazed..
So I rant to Geraldine a bit and decide not to say anything to him. But then 5 minutes later I couldn't take it anymore and sent this:

"Um. you got in touch with me. I was just calling you back to catch up and see how you been."

Seriously, like come on. Is that what guys think? Girls are crazy and can't just innocently enough want to see how someone is doing. Don't get me wrong, at the time, I was really into him. It's been just about 2 years ago, maybe even a little more. I'm over it. It's ok. I called because you called me and I am a super curious person by nature. It would have been nice to meet up and chat a bit, but apparently I am just a crazy savage girl and wouldn't be able to keep my hands to myself. Is that how all people see me? Oh dear.

I guess he wins at the end because who's the one blogging and get all agitated over something that really meant nothing?

1 comment:

Craig said...

His girlfriend probably read the text message before he did... :)