Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oh Thank God Your Back

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but I really love bad television. As in, I'm pretty sure I have TV maturity of a 17 year old. So you could probably guess what I like to watch. The Hills? Yes. All the Real World/Road Rules challenges/Gauntlets etc.? Of course. I Love NY, Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, and ANYTHING else VH1 tells me to watch? Well yeah, they told me to, what can I do?

But my absolute favorite thing to watch now, the TV show that I am obsessively way to excited about is....(drum roll please)

GOSSIP GIRL

I love it, I love it, I love it. And you know what, I'm not ashamed of loving GG . It's just soo good.

Last night, Chia & E came over my place (god bless Chia with her stocks of dips and chips at home). The three of us sat around my television with bubbling excitement to see what our ficitonal friends have been up to all summer.

*sigh*

Tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how pathetic are we for actually clapping and yelling, "thank god Gossip Girl is back! How did we survive the entire summer without it!?"

Even worse is the fact that I now live life parallel to television. One of the characters, Nate (who is INSANELY hot) is having an affair with an older married woman. Later on, I fell asleep, blah blah dream dream, and the next thing you know, I was the one having the affair with Nate (in my dream world). Is this really where my life has come to? I have no romantic prospects on the horizon (oh, we'll get into that in a later blog) so am forced to dream about fictional characters.

But, what makes watching the show even better is coming to work Tuesday mornings and clicking on NY Magazine's blog "The Daily Intel" where they tear the episode apart and we viewers get to relive all the great realistic moments to the "that is SO fake" moments.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2008/09/where_the_chuck_have_you_been.html

I read somewhere that there will be 22 episodes this season. Count it - 22! So, thank you WB for being, in general, a crappy TV station, but somehow providing us with the best television show of our time.

: )

No comments: